/ How to contact GMP if you're speech or hearing impaired

Emergency SMS service

  • The emergencySMS service lets deaf, hard of hearing and speech-impaired people in the UK send an SMS text message to the UK 999 service where it will be passed to the police, ambulance, fire rescue, or coastguard.
  • Find out more about the service here: http://www.emergencysms.org.uk/

Hearing or speech impaired 

  • Contact via NGT - 18000 for emergency calls

SignVideo Service

  • SignVideo is a specialist state-of the art video centre staffed by fully qualified and registered (NRCPD/SASLI) BSL/English Interpreters, who are available on demand.
  • It can be used to report non-emergencies to Greater Manchester Police for free.
  • Click here for more information and to access the service here.

/ Related