Greater Manchester is an amazing place and I am proud to be the Chief Constable.
We have faced some challenging times but have a huge amount of change taking place so that we can provide the best possible service.
We call the changes our Target Operating Model and it is transforming policing in Greater Manchester. At the heart of it is our focus on strong neighbourhood policing and closer working with local agencies such as councils and hospitals.
The work has already started and will continue until 2020. I need your help to keep communities in Greater Manchester safe and to protect vulnerable people.
Ian Hopkins QPM
Five elements of the Target Operating Model
There are five parts to the future plan for policing in Greater Manchester. Each of the parts have a significant amount of work taking place that will come together to ensure the best possible service. The five elements are:
- Place Based - Police Officers and staff working alongside other agencies
- Threat, harm and risk - Providing priority support to those most at risk of harm
- Citizen Contract - Encouraging people to work with us as part of a contract to improve communities
- Workforce - Supporting our police workforce to change how they work
- Information and Technology - Making best use of both information and new technology
You can provide us with any feedback about the changes or on the future of policing by emailing Gmp.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions send them in and we will update them and share through these pages.