Police and Crime Plan
Performance against the Police and Crime Plan
- GMP is held to account on its performance by the GMCA.
- GMP also produces and publishes Performance Statistics in the form of monthly performance bulletins which are accessible through our website.
- Crime Statistics as provided by GMP to Police UK
Policing of Protests
- The Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) for GMP set up an Independent Panel for the Policing of Protests with the aim of providing strategic advice, increasing transparency and helping to build safer communities. More information on the Panel can be found by accessing the Office of the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) website.
Professional Standards (Complaints & Discipline)
GMP regularly provides update reports to the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) with regards to Professional Standards within the Force. A list of these reports can be found on our website using the following link.
Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary, Fire and Rescue Services
- Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary, Fire and Rescue Services (HMICFRS) is an independent authority which examines the performance of police forces and their effectiveness nationally. Their activity is designed to operate within the public’s interests and upon conclusion of their inspections HMIC produce reports which are also available to the public.
- Further information about HMICFRS can be found on their website, as well as publications regarding GMP.
Progress against HMICFRS Recommendations
- GMP regularly provides update reports to the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) with regards to its progress at implementing recommendations arising from Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary, Fire and Rescue Services (HMICFRS) inspections. A list of these reports can be found on our website using the following link.
Chief Officer's Annual Report
Neighbourhood Policing arrangements
Reports from independent custody visitors
- To request reports from independent custody visitors please make a Freedom of information request stating where possible the division and dates.
Stop and Search
Privacy Impact Assessments
- Privacy Impact Statements form part of larger documents comprising of terms and conditions for information sharing initiatives and are not independent documents. To request a copy of Privacy Impact Assessments please make a Freedom of information request confirming the specific sharing initiative or project.
- The Police UK website provides information and advice about policing in general as well as providing a central point of access to data about all police forces within the UK.
- On a regular basis GMP provides data to Police UK which can be broken down by neighbourhood. The data provided gives an overview of crime in the area as well as additional information such as local policing teams and events.
Senior Civilian Staff
- The Identity and roles of Senior Civilian Staff can be found in the Related Attachments on this page
Ethics Committee Minutes
- The GMCA will publish the Minutes of its Ethics Committee meetings here: https://www.greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk/meetings/committee/33/independent_ethics_committee
- GMP’s Equality Objectives are set out in the Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Strategy 2018-21 and can be found on the Serving Our Communities page.
Use of Force