We are working on a new website with a range of services available. You can try it out here and let us know what you think.

Cookies on this website

Greater Manchester Police uses cookies on this website to provide information about visits to the site. We do not use cookies for collecting user information from the site. You consent to us placing cookies on your device if you continue to use our website with your browser settings set to accept cookies. If you wish to switch off cookies, you should view the guidance for the internet browser you are using. Our full cookies policy can be viewed here.




We currently see 2100 calls to 101 and 1700 to 999 every day.

Under our new target operating model (read more here) we’re working with local authorities, partner agencies and stakeholders and the people of Greater Manchester to continue to develop a service that best serves everyone. This includes changes to public enquiry counters, developments to police contact points across Greater Manchester and a new lost and found online reporting service, alongside developments to the website and the trial of a live chat function.

We’re also introducing the “four step rule”, encouraging you to put your right foot forward and consider all of the options for getting in touch or getting information.




Frequestly Asked Questions

What do I do about anti-social behaviour in my area? How do I report it? What can be done? - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=78366&l3=61569
I’m not sure if I need to call 999 or 101. What constitutes an emergency? - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=78366&l3=20483
I’ve been a victim of fraud. I have seen fraudulent activity online what can I do? - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=78366&l3=82489
There has been a vehicle parked outside my house for a long time. How do I get it moved? - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=78366&l3=21794
Do you have a lost property department? I lost something recently. - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=78366&l3=21794
I’m being stalked or harassed and not sure what to do - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=78366&l3=21794
I have been stopped and searched. Where can I find out more info? - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=78366&l3=66414
I need help and assistance regarding domestic abuse - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=78366&l3=90355
Where can I go to speak face to face with an officer? I don’t want to ring 101 - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=1878&l3=31703
I’m an international visitor and need to register. How do I do this? - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=1878&l3=57974
I’m deaf and can’t use a telephone but I need to report crime. - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=1878&l3=8348
I need to get a firearms licence. What kind of gun is it legal to own? How do I renew? - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=1878&l3=85008
I need directions or an address for a GMP building - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=1878&l3=98311
I want to contact my local officers using social media. - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=1878&l3=49740
I want to thank an officer for their help. I wish to make a complaint about an officer - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=1878&l3=98755
I want to be a police officer. Are you recruiting? I want to see vacancies. - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=6037&l3=29873
How much training is involved when joining? What is the process? - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=6037&l3=60815
What is a special? How do I become a special? What is the process? - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=6037&l3=14085
What is the difference between an officer and PCSO? - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=6037&l3=51541
Can I stop people parking on the road outside my house? - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=76596&l3=78838
Parents are parking in our street to drop off/pick up thir chilfren from school? - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=76596&l3=78838
Can GMP deal with vehicles parking on school keep clear yellow zigzag markings? - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=76596&l3=78838
What about double/single yellow lines, kerb loading markings, residents parking, disabled bays, loading bays, bus stops and cycle lanes? - http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/triage-category?ReadForm&l2=76596&l3=78838


© Greater Manchester Police 2019