Cookies on this website

Greater Manchester Police uses cookies on this website to provide information about visits to the site. We do not use cookies for collecting user information from the site. You consent to us placing cookies on your device if you continue to use our website with your browser settings set to accept cookies. If you wish to switch off cookies, you should view the guidance for the internet browser you are using. Our full cookies policy can be viewed here.

Five arrests after fatal shooting

A morning strike saw five men arrested following a fatal shooting in Ashton-under-Lyne.

At around 4.50pm on Wednesday 13 June 2018, police were called to reports that a man had been shot on Birch Street.

Thirty-one-year-old Luke Paul Graham was taken to hospital where he sadly died from his injuries.

Another man in his 20s presented himself at hospital later that day with a gunshot wound to his leg. He was discharged from hospital following treatment.

A murder investigation was immediately launched and officers have been carrying out enquiries ever since.

10 warrants were executed by officers earlier today, Tuesday 30 October 2018, in Ashton-under-Lyne, Droylsden, Stalybridge, Audenshaw, Beswick, Oldham, Newton Heath and Prestwich in relation to this incident.

Three men, aged 27, 28 and 28, were previously released under investigation but were re-arrested today on suspicion of murder, attempted murder and participation in the criminal activities of an organised crime group.

A further two men, aged 27 and 28, were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder and participation in the criminal activities of an organised crime group.

The five men remain in custody for questioning.

Detective Chief Inspector Liz Hopkinson, of GMP’s Major Incident Team, said: “Our team has worked around the clock over the last four and a half months to try and piece together exactly what happened on that awful day in June.

“We are determined to provide Luke’s family with the answers they deserve and ensure those responsible are held accountable for their actions.

“We have now arrested a total of eight men in connection with this incident and are continuing to follow several lines of enquiry.

“I would still urge anyone with any information, no matter how small or insignificant it might seem, to please get in touch.”

Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting incident number 1592 of 13/06/2018, or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

© Greater Manchester Police 2018